Cuisine around the clock
Wines from velvety soft to robust, dishes from bitter to sweet... The taste buds are constantly teased during this culinary journey where gastronomic highlights are strung together. Enjoy Wagyu Biltong at The Test Kitchen
and la Petite Colombe
from the classics. Let the different flavor profiles of the wines in Stellenbosch and the Heaven and Earth region under the guidance of renowned oenologists caress your palate. Feel, taste and enjoy during this journey that is all about taste.
Tips & tops of South Africa culinary:
- The Test Kitchen won many awards. This year alone it was named 'Restaurant of the year' by the Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards and ranked 45th on the Elite Traveler Top 100 Restaurant
- The newly opened FYN restaurant is one of Cape Town's best restaurants at the moment and has stunning views of Lion's Head and Table Mountain. Taste the South African ingredients with a Japanese sophistication. What a delight!
- Also The Restaurant at Waterkloof should not be missed during your trip. The best restaurant in South Africa and the favourite restaurant of Jozef Verbruggen and Griet Daneels!
- Black Sheep and Kloof Street House are nice bistros with top wines. What you should not miss are the oysters, FAB!
- During your stay at Bushmans Gorge, a five-star wellness & wilderness retreat in the Cederbergen, you will explore not only the quirky cuisine but also the surroundings; petroglyphs of bushmen, safaris among the wild animals and the enchanting floral splendour of Fynbos!
- The wines of the fertile Franschhoek wine valley range from excellent white wines such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Semillon, Chenin Blanc and the extraordinary Méthode Cap Classiques to powerful red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Noir and Merlot
- In the high Heaven and Earth Valley you will find many smaller wine estates that produce some cooler wines due to the fresh wind over the vineyards. Both white and red must have fresh tones, be elegant, the aroma full of nuances, not too alcoholic and above all exciting
- Complete your trip with a jewellery or cooking workshop, eat like a local!
- This trip is very suitable as a honeymoon