Luxury expedition ship
Designed specifically for extreme destinations, the Silver Explorer effortlessly finds its way through bays full of ice floes. However, the robust construction of this expedition ship is completely hidden behind a stylish interior with beautiful details. The spacious suites are atmospheric and extremely comfortable, and you always have ocean views. In addition, you can count on excellent and personal service, which will make your stay on this ship particularly enjoyable. The Silver Explorer is one of the most luxurious cruise ships that sail the seas around the poles.
Without paying attention to the time, you can enjoy the panoramic views in one of the lounges, or silently look out over the icelandic landscapes from the observation deck. In the restaurant you are welcome at any time for breakfast, extensive lunch or à la carte dinner. This way you are free to complete the time you spend on board as desired.
The members of the professional expedition team are driven to give you the trip of a lifetime. They transfer their passion during lectures and briefings, and they accompany all excursions outside the ship. Per zodiac you glide through the clear seawater between icebergs, it's an impressive experience when whales come close to the surface. On land you get plenty of time to observe penguins, fur seals and seabirds up close. It is wonderful to return afterwards on board the warm ship and give in to fatigue after the intense experience, by warming up in the sauna, or by relaxing during a benevolent massage. Or maybe you just want to hold on to the feeling of euphoria for a while, and you'll settle down in one of the lounges to talk to your travel companions.
TIPS & TOPS SILVER EXPLORER:
- The Silver Explorer can accommodate 144 passengers and 118 crew members and expedition team members.
- There are 72 suites in nine different classes. All suites have ocean views, and they range in area from 16-63m2. Whichever suite you choose, you can use the butler service.
- The luxurious bathrooms have a bath/shower combination, or a separate shower and bath. Dressing gowns and flip flops, vanity products and a hair dryer are provided.
- The stylish design of the suites is in warm colours. All suites include a writing desk, sitting area or separate sitting room, minibar, flat screen television, audio facilities, wi-fi, phone, 220V sockets, binoculars and a locker. The more luxurious suites offer many extras, such as a walk-in wardrobe, espresso machine, a French balcony or private terrace.
- The doors of The Restaurant are always open to you, you can come here at any time for an à la carte meal. You have the choice of gourmet international dishes or regional specialities.
- Around sunset it is good to stay in the Outdoor Grill, for a cocktail with tapas, a pizza or a specialty of the grill.
- In The Theatre you can attend fascinating lectures every day.
- In the Observation Lounge and the Panorama Lounge you can enjoy wide views very comfortably.
- The intimate Connoisseur's Corner offers a selection of fine cigars and cognac.
- There are several wellness facilities, such as the Spa (massages and sauna/steam room), a beauty salon, gym and whirlpools.
- The Silver Explorer has a library/internet café and boutique. The two lifts allow you to reach all five passenger decks.
- Multiple zodiacs are available for land excursions.
We are happy to offer you a travel proposal that fully meets your expectations. The proposed trips on our website are primarily intended as inspiration, and show only a small selection of the possibilities. Tell us your wishes and let us tailor your trip. We are happy to advise you!
We think it is important – especially now – that you are well informed and travelling with a good feeling. Read more about the latest developments on our Covid-19 page .
Curious about our inspiration tours?