Sensory road trip
Discover the most beautiful places of one of Italy's
barely traveled islands by hire car. Spot pink flamingos, explore magical lagoons, stroll through historic streets and unwind on the elongated sandy beaches. Beautiful natural beauty and delicious Italian dishes await you in Sardinia. Where the world can't find you...
Tips & tops from Selfdrive Sardinia:
- Explore the historic city of Cagliari with a guide and enjoy the tastiest dishes on a food tour
- Discover 'the pearl of the south' Villasimius with its granite cliffs, intense blue seawater, enchanting coves, elongated beaches and green hills
- Visit Orgosolo,a traditional village where history comes to life on the frescoes, also called Murales.
- Hike to the top of Monte novo San Giovanni,a small table mountain, for unparalleled views over the Supramonte and Gennargentu mountains
- The Costa Smeralda is blessed with beautiful beaches, secluded coves and coves, and surrounded by historic and cultural villages such as Porto Cervo,known by the international jet-set or Porto Rotondo with opulent villas and charming squares
- Join a guide to explore wine cellars where the wine matures in barrels and you'll sample the best local wines
- On a private boat trip, sail to the La Maddalena archipelago,a breathtaking archipelago of beautiful sandy beaches. Take breathtaking photos at the pink beach 'Spiaggia Rosa' and take a refreshing dip in the clear seawater
- Learn about the local grapes and olive trees on a unique tour of Porto Conte Natural Reserve and sample the various grapes and olives this island produces
- In colourful Bosa, enjoy typical Sardinian malloreddus with bottarga