Train trip from Andes to Pacific
Board a luxurious train for a unique introduction to impressive Ecuador. After a short stay in Otavalo, your train journey starts with a wonderful journey through seven tunnels, over high bridges and along steep gorges on the way to tropical Salinas. Experience historic Quito and continue your journey by train along the impressive 'Avenue of the Volcanoes.' Discover the beautiful nature around Andean Lake Limpiopungo in Cotopaxi National Park and enjoy spectacular views of the snow-capped volcano. Get to know the dance of the colorful devils from the village of Pillaro and the ancient traditions of the Puruha culture. Travel by and experience the impressive Nariz del Diablo, see the beautiful landscapes in Duran, spot blue-footed boobies, pelicans and maybe even dolphins at Isla de Plata and finish with a relaxing beach stay on the Pacific coast. Where the world can't find you...
TIPS & TOPS ECUADOR BY LUXURY TRAIN & BEACH:
- Stay overnight in the authentic Hacienda Zuleta or Hacienda Piman
- Unforgettable train journey in the luxurious La Libertad and Crucero train along breathtaking landscapes
- Meet Baltazar Ushca, the last ice merchant of the Chimborazo who shares with you the secrets of his ancient and almost extinct tradition
- From June to September you have the chance to spot the majestic humpback whales off Isla de la Plata: with a bit of luck you will experience their jumps out of the water, unique!
- Discover the spectacular underwater world and go snorkelling at Isla de la Plata
- Explore Machalilla National Park which is home to both tropical dry forest and cloud forest
- Stay at the luxurious beach hotel Las Tanusas with sensational views over the Pacific Ocean