Passionate, adventurous and pioneering
Become fascinated by the extreme and unique Arctic wilderness, an area with so many animals, history and drama. Oceanwide Expeditions has developed a thorough knowledge of these areas after more than 25 years of experience on expedition cruises to the Arctic and Antarctic. Travel programs are prepared and executed with an eye for nature and quality. Keeping the sailing time at sea as short as possible allows passengers to spend a lot of time on land. Weather and schedule permitting, there are an average of two landings per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and sometimes even one in the early morning or evening. Sailing schedules are flexible, so programs can be immediately adjusted to local weather and ice conditions as well as sudden opportunities to see animals.
For expedition cruises in the remote and extreme polar regions, specially adapted, ice-strengthened expedition ships are used. These ships are comfortable and equipped with modern expedition materials. Zodiacs, stable rubber boats are used for landings on remote shores or for excursions among the ice floes in search of whales and seals, for example. On board, lectures on the history and nature of the polar regions will be given, adding to the special travel experience. Oceanwide Expeditions' fleet consists of:
- m/v Ortelius: ice-strengthening ship for expedition trips in the Arctic and Antarctica
- m/v Plancius: ice-strengthened ship for expedition travel in the Arctic and Antarctica
- m/v Hondius: the world's first registered Polar Class 6 ship meeting the latest and highest -standards
- m/v Janssonius: the newest, most advanced ship Polar Class 6 cruise ship, exceeds all the latest green requirements of the Polar Code
- s/v Rembrandt van Rijn: a 3 mast schooner, very suitable for expedition voyages in the fjords of Greenland and Spitsbergen