Adventurous bushcamps with comfort
Out of love for the African bush, the philosophy of Nomad Tanzania was born. Conservation, protection and investing in the local population are important ingredients that are closely intertwined with your stay in Tanzania. Unnoticed you contribute to local projects.
Nomad camps and lodges are often far from the inhabited world in the remote areas of Tanzania. Because few travellers come here, you have the ultimate safari experience and the African bush almost for yourself. Well-trained guides take you on safari by jeep, boat or on foot and share their knowledge of nature. We work with local Masai communities that you can also visit. You stay in small-scale camps where personal attention and service are of a high standard and you experience the real bush feeling.
We would like to tell you about one of our favourite lodges.
Chada Katavi and Chada Katavi Fly Camp
A classic expedition camp in Katavi National Park in western Tanzania. The camp situated under tamarind trees is located on the edge of the Chada Plain, the habitat of vast amounts of wildlife. The six canvas tents have panoramic views and are provided with all the comforts. You have an en suite bathroom with bucket shower for the ultimate bush experience. The main tent consists of a communal dining room, a well-supplied library and several observation platforms. Enjoy a sundowner by the campfire and tasty dinners and immerse yourself in nature.
If you want more adventure, choose a few nights for Chada Katavi Fly Camp. Sleeping under the stars with the roar of lions and other animals nearby is a real Africa experience. You hiked with a guide to your camp location where your tent is already set up and take only the necessary with you. This is your chance to experience Katavi at its purest.
OTHER Nomad lodges ARE:
- Lamai Serengeti, Lamai Private and Mkombe's House Lamai are located in the Lamai Triangle in Serengeti N.P.
- Serengeti Safari Camp follows the migration by Serengeti N.P.
- Located near the Ngorongoro crater you will find Entamanu Ngorongoro and Entamanu Private
- Kuro Tarangire located in Tarangire N.P.
- Stay at Mahale N.P. in Nomads Greystoke Mahale
- Kiba Point and Selous Fly Camp can be found in The Selous Game Reserve
- Sands River Selous, small-scale lodge on the Rufiji River in Selous N.P.
- Kigelia Ruaha in Ruaha National Park
TIPS & TOPS Nomad:
- High-level local hospitality and service
- Stay in comfortable lodges while maintaining the authentic bush feel
- Fine dining under the stars
- The best guides with extensive knowledge about the bush
- Varied activities such as jeep safaris, boat safaris, hiking safaris or a visit to local villages and communities
- Fly camps: sleeping under the stars amid the African wilderness
- Partner in various conservation projects and involved in local community
Combine a safari through Tanzania with a beach stay on the coast or on one of the islands of Pemba, Mafia, Mnemba or Zanzibar.