The vast Sahal with its sparse vegetation
A tour of Burkina Faso, in which both nature and encounters with the various population groups are central. You will explore the vast Sahel, where vegetation is very scarce and visit the small villages of the Bobo and the Sénoufo.
You will also be introduced to the very traditional living Lobi and Gourounsi
each with their own rituals and myths.
Trip on the back of a dromedary
During your trip to Oursi,
located among the dunes, you will pass a large waterhole that is of great importance to the birds and herds of cattle that live in this part of the Sahel. A unique experience is the two-day trip you make on the back of a dromedary where you regularly disembark to meet the traditional population, such as the Tuaregs or Peul.
The Land of the Bobo
Very different is the journey through the land of the Bobo,
a people of traditional farmers. Banfora
explores you on foot, you walk along vast sugar cane plantations, through rice paddies and small villages. The night you spend there is very special: at the foot of the Sindou peaks, a wondrous geological formation. The land of the Lobi, a fascinating area with colourful markets and small fortified houses, will also be explored on foot. A Lobi guide will show you the most fascinating places and finally take you to your sleeping place where you will spend the evening with the village's chef and his loved ones.
Tips & Tops Tour Burkina Faso Ethnic Mosaic:
- A special experience: Lobi performing their rituals on the banks of the Mounhoun River
- Take a trek in the land of the Sénoufo, accompanied by a local guide you will discover this isolated area
- The great castle, Gaoua, in the middle of the hills in the land of the Lobi is well worth a visit
- The surprising peaks of Sindou play an important role in the Sénoufe rituals
- The Sindou is a beautiful walking area, consisting of a labyrinth of eroded volcanoes
- Near Gaoua you can visit the ruins of Loropéni, who knows you will discover the origin