Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge
Lodge on the edge of Gonarezhou National Park
Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge is located on a cliff on the edge of Gonarezhou National Park,overlooking the breathtaking Save River full of elephants, hippos and crocodiles. In the stylish main building you will find the restaurant, lounge, small library and bar. In the beautiful shady garden at the front is a spacious cooling swimming pool laid out.
The ten elegant split-level chalets are light, spacious and with all desirable comfort. Natural materials, Shangan style, have been used. The luxury suites have a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and private balcony overlooking the river. Families can opt for two adjoining suites whose balconies merge.
Adventurous game drives in the park, excursions to the beautiful red sandstones Chilojo Cliffs,out to spot birds, a cultural visit to the local community Of Mahenye; a wide range of activities is possible. Guaranteed that after one last drink by the campfire you will sleep soundly.
Tips & tops from Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge:
- Unique location!
- Clive Stockil, winner of several national and international conservation awards is the founder of Chilo Gorge. He is one of four professional guides
- Active travelers can take a trek to the vantage point of chivilia waterfalls, a beautiful 3km trail through rugged scenery
- Accompanied by a professional guide, you can spend the night in Gonarezhou National Park, in a tented camp. An unparalleled encounter with nature, an unforgettable experience
- Discover the site of the former Mahenye Lodge on Mahenye Island, shrouded in verg from dense trees and winding vines, and make your way to the beach, where sun loungers and refreshing drinks await
- Up to 42 guests
- Dining in the atmospheric restaurant and outside at the edge of the pool under the stars
- For your wedding ceremony or as a destination of your honeymoon; Chilo Gorge is the perfect hideaway!
- Guests looking for a more independent experience can book the self-sufficient Nhambo
- Chilo Gorge Safari Lodge focuses on sustainability and conservation and the local community is closely involved in protecting the park
- Children are welcome
Travel through Zimbabwe
We are happy to offer you a travel proposal that fully meets your expectations. The proposed trips on our website are primarily intended as inspiration, and show only a small selection of the possibilities. Tell us your wishes and let us tailor your trip. We are happy to advise you!
We think it is important – especially now – that you are well informed and travelling with a good feeling. Read more about the latest developments on our Covid-19 page .
Curious about our inspiration tours?