ION Adventure Hotel
Meeting between nature and design
In the southwestern city Selfoss atop the colorful slopes of the Hengill Mountains, it is secluded ION Adventure Hotel . Less than an hour's drive from the capital of Iceland This eco-friendly boutique hotel is built with sustainable materials and surrounded by natural hot springs. It offers spectacular views of Lake Thingvallavatn. Stay in luxurious rooms that are a mix of concrete chic and earthy atmosphere combined with the warm accents of local driftwood and lava. Your temporary home provides the ideal base from which to explore 'the land of fire and ice'. Look for the dancing colors of the Northern Lights and brave the rugged glaciers . You are in an unreal place, where 'memories-of-a-lifetim' e' are made.
Tips & Tops ION Adventure Hotel:
- Beautifully located near the UNESCO World Heritage Site Thingvellir National Park
- Wide range of varied activities such as trekking to the active volcano, fly fishing, snowmobiling to the glaciers, river rafting, snorkeling and diving
- Enjoy a delicious meal full of fresh ingredients at the restaurant or bar aptly named Northern Lights Bar
- Very low carbon footprint with water-saving showers, organic fair trade bedding and furniture made from sustainable materials
- Combine the nature of the Adventure Hotel with culture while staying in the heart of downtown Reykjavik At the ION City Hotel
- End the day with a beautiful sunset over an overwhelming landscape from the restaurant, lounge or your room
- Opt for complete relaxation at the Lava Spa, where you can choose from facials, body wraps, body scrubs, body treatments or a visit to the sauna
Travel through Iceland
We are happy to offer you a travel proposal that fully meets your expectations. The proposed trips on our website are primarily intended as inspiration, and show only a small selection of the possibilities. Tell us your wishes and let us tailor your trip. We are happy to advise you!
We think it is important – especially now – that you are well informed and travelling with a good feeling. Read more about the latest developments on our Covid-19 page .
Curious about our inspiration tours?