Panorama Glass Lodge
The Northern Lights from your bed
On one of the best salmon rivers of Iceland surrounded by a magically rugged landscape, are the glass chalets of the Panorama Glass Lodge. Only four have been built on a huge plot of land, so it feels like you have this breathtaking area to yourself. The shape of the lodges is inspired by Scandinavian houses and the sustainable design uses wooden elements with steel and glass. Even though the buildings are surrounded by nature, you can still enjoy luxury, high quality and extraordinary design. Feel more connected than ever with nature as you admire amazing sunsets, sunrises and with a little luck the dancing colors of the Northern Lights from the comfort of your warm bed or private hot tub. Prepare for an intense once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Tips & Tops Panorama Glass Lodge:
- The intimate chalets consist of a sleeping area, a bathroom, kitchen with dining area and a terrace with hot tub
- Built in 2017, these chalets were the first in Iceland where it is possible to sleep under a glass ceiling
- Eco Friendly; the water comes directly from a nearby source and renewable energy is used to heat this water
- Various activities possible to explore the area such as horse riding, hiking, fishing or golf
- In the luxurious and attractive bathroom you will find organic cosmetic products
- Perfect base to discover the south coast - close to the golden circle, Vík, Landmannalaugar and the black sand beach
- Offers a direct view of volcano Hekla, the highlands and a beautiful river
- There is a chance of seeing the spectacular Northern Lights from the end of August to the end of April
- Between mid-May and mid-August you can experience the brightness of the midnight sun in Iceland
- The stay is based on self catering, your temporary home has a fully equipped kitchen
- Restaurants can be found in the center of Hekla (approx. 18 km) and Kanslarinn and the nearest supermarket is about 10 minutes' drive away
- Located approximately 30 minutes drive from Reykjavik
Travel through Iceland
We are happy to offer you a travel proposal that fully meets your expectations. The proposed trips on our website are primarily intended as inspiration, and show only a small selection of the possibilities. Tell us your wishes and let us tailor your trip. We are happy to advise you!
We think it is important – especially now – that you are well informed and travelling with a good feeling. Read more about the latest developments on our Covid-19 page .
Curious about our inspiration tours?