Expedition ship m/v Hondius
Advanced expedition ship
Expedition ship m/v Hondius is the newest, most advanced expedition ship of the Dutch shipping company OceanWide Expeditions and is the world's first registered Polar Class 6 ship, meeting the latest green requirements of the Polar Code. This ship gives you the peace of mind that comes with choosing one of the most environmentally friendly ships on the polar seas, minimizing the impact on exotic landscapes and animal life. The ship offers a deluxe standard but at the same time the well-known cozy and informal Oceanwide atmosphere on board. Not only will the many amenities and entertainment ensure that your Hondius trip will be truly unforgettable, "Where the world can't find you...
Tips & tops m/f Hondius:
- Expedition ship m/v Hondius offers, with a maximum capacity of 170 passengers a wide choice of luxury cabins, such as grand suites with balcony, junior suites, superior or deluxe cabins and some multi-person cabins
- Enjoy the best views of the impressive Arctic landscapes from the outer deck or the bridge
- Attend in the large observation lounge or lecture room some (multilingual) lectures and presentations about the areas to be visited
- Experience and discover the extraordinary polar nature through an active travel program, where as much time as possible is spent on land. Therefore, the sailing distances are kept as short as possible so that the focus can be on nature-related activities.
- On board are a fleet of powerful zodiacs, allowing quick landings on the shores for all passengers. Fast zodiac transport can be guaranteed through the use of two separate gangways and a zodiac platform, which can also be used for special outdoor activities such as kayaking
- the m/f Hondius uses LED lighting, steam heating, biodegradable paints and lubricants, and advanced energy management systems that keep fuel consumption and CO2 levels at a minimum
Specifications m/f Hondius
Passengers: 170 in 80 cabins
Length: 107.60 meters
Width: 17.60 meters
Draught: 5.30 meters
Ice class: Polar Class 6 (equivalent to 1A-Super)
Tonnage: 5590 tons
Propulsion: 2 x ABC main engines; total 4,200 kW
Speed: 15 knots
Travel through Antarctic, Arctic
We are happy to offer you a travel proposal that fully meets your expectations. The proposed trips on our website are primarily intended as inspiration, and show only a small selection of the possibilities. Tell us your wishes and let us tailor your trip. We are happy to advise you!
We think it is important – especially now – that you are well informed and travelling with a good feeling. Read more about the latest developments on our Covid-19 page .
Curious about our inspiration tours?