For the ultimate expedition cruise
Expedition ship Greg Mortimer
is purpose-built for expeditions to the most remote natural areas on Earth. The sailing area of the Greg Mortimer includes Antarctica with Drake Passage and the Arctic with Denmark Strait and uses
the latest nautical technology: robust, powerful and resistant to the most extreme arctic elements. The Greg Mortimer features multiple large observation decks and unique hydraulic viewing platforms that fold out to give you unobstructed views of passing marine life and the most dramatic arctic landscapes. The ship has no fewer than 15 Zodiacs on board, which you can board quickly and safely via various launch pads, for landings on the coast or sailing through the awe-inspiring fjords in search of marine mammals and seabirds: the ultimate expedition experience! In the common areas you can follow lectures, share experiences with each other or retreat to the richly stocked library. Enjoy an excellent meal in the open restaurant where you will also have the opportunity to ask the expedition team questions. Or join the captain for an informal Captain's Welcome and Farewell drink. 'Where the world can't find you ...'
Tips & Tops Greg Mortimer:
- The ship can accommodate 132 expedition members, has eight decks and was built in 2019
- There are 76 cabins in eight different categories – from shared cabins to the Captain's Suite
- All cabins have ocean views and 85% have private balconies
- In the modern lecture hall you will meet naturalists and specialists who give presentations about their field
- Retreat to the tranquil library to delve into the vast selection of nature guides and other books and games
- Tea, coffee and snacks are available 24 hours a day and the chefs offer different menu options per day.
- Enjoy a range of house wine, beer and soft drinks with meals and in the lounges
- Multiple Zodiac launch pads, a gym and wellness center, Jacuzzis and many other amenities are provided for a comfortable journey