The most beautiful car route through South Africa
The route runs through the northeast, through Mpumalanga and is characteristic of the diversity in landscapes in South Africa. Thanks to the elevation differences in the meandering route from White River to Blydepoort Dam, you will pass spectacular vistas and impressive natural wonders:
- Blyde River Canyon, a huge gorge with rock plateaus, cliffs and special shapes through which the Blyde River runs. At the'Three Rondawels',three giant round red sandstone rocks you have the most beautiful view
- God's Window, vantage point from the Drakensbergen, gives among the rocks a breathtaking view of the greenery of the region
- Bourke's Luck Potholes, cylindrical holes in the rocks created by the Blyde River and the Treur River came together
- Waterfalls in Sabie and in and around Grasshead like the magical Pinnacle Falls
- Pilgrim's Rest, now a museum village best known for its gold mines in ancient times
Trek at least eight hours for this enchanting route that begins in Sabie and ends in Pilgrim's Rest.