Awaken your senses in Alba
Travel to Alba
, the largest city in the Langhe hills in Piedmont
and the birthplace of the Slow Food movement of Italy
for an eight-day culinary tour. Prepare traditional dishes in a small cooking school, explore the Barolo
wine region, taste its delicious wines and discover the secrets of a local cheese farm, among others. During your tour you will also visit historical treasures such as magnificent castles and ancient underground excavations. All adventures start and end from a single comfortable hotel so you can experience the experiences in complete peace. Where the world can't find you...
Tips & tops culinary tour Slow Food:
- In Alba, visit the Duomo di San Lorenzo, which includes a magnificent starred ceiling, fine carvings by Bernardino Fossati and an altarpiece depicting San Lorenzo by Claudio Francesco Beaumont
- At Gelateria Sacchero at number 32, enjoy a good gelato or the famous duchesse, a special bonbon
- Walk from Piazza Risorgimento along the traffic-free Via Vittorio Emanuele II to Piazza Michele Ferrero . On both sides of Via Vittorio Emanuele II there are numerous delicatessens, here it is immediately clear why Unesco has declared Alba a Creative City of Gastronomy.
- Get on the pedals for an unforgettable tour by e-bike through the Barolo wine region where you will enjoy a tasting at a winery, a walk through the charming center of Barolo and a visit to the wine museum in the castle of this place
- Take the train and travel to the lively and elegant city of Turin, rich in history, gastronomic spots and captivating museums