Tour of the rugged northern nature
Explore the unknown north of Greece per rental car. You will be amazed by the location and architecture of the impressive monasteries of Meteora,one of the most important sights in Greece. Discover enchanting Zagoria with its rugged nature, stone archbridges and picturesque villages. The beautiful Vkos gorge is one of the many highlights here. Be surprised by the natural Papingo pools, Iliochori waterfall and mountain village Metsovo. In the beautiful Tzoumerka National Park, marvel at the high overhanging rocks, waterfalls and narrow gorges. Stroll through the dynamic and historic city of Loannina which is beautifully located on Lake Pamvotis. Where the world can't find you...
Tips & tops from Selfdrive Northern Greece:
- High on the extraordinary rock formations of Meteora are the Orthodox monasteries, which have been listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1988
- Visit the underground cellars of the famous Katogi Averoff winery and sample the wide selection of wines accompanied by local flavors
- Take a boat to the small island in the middle of Lake Pamvotis,explore the village and the old monastery and side down on a cozy terrace
- Zagoria has a rich flora and fauna with more than 2,500 (!) different types of trees, shrubs and plants
- The imposing arch bridges such as Kokkori and Noutsos, the typical streets and construction of the houses in Dilofo, Papingo are characteristic of Zagoria
- Finish your trip at the luxurious Aristi Mountain Resort and enjoy mouth-watering local cuisine, the calming spa and pure mountain air.