Unique expedition cruise along the west coast of North AmericaOn this exceptional expedition cruise, experienced guides will take you on impressive excursions for remarkable wildlife, indigenous cultures, and breathtaking scenery, to places accessible only by boat or plane. Feel the power of nature as imposing glaciers rise in front of you and killer whales jump up next to the boat while small hummingbirds and imposing sea eagles circle in the air. A varied cruise program along the west coast of North America is guaranteed, you will experience Alaska And Canada like never before!
Experience the silence and enjoy the unforgettable view of the College Fjord. The College Fjord is considered one of the most scenic fjords in the world and is home to large colonies of seals. There are more than a dozen glaciers in the fjord, all surrounded by rugged snow-capped mountains. It is possible to view eight glaciers at a time from one point.
Pristine wilderness can be found in the Inside Passage . Isolated Indian communities in coastal villages, with majestic forests-clad mountains rising from the tidal waters and huge glaciers that calves in the distance with a thunderous sound make this stretch of water unique! The Inside Passage is the habitat of Bald eagles, sea lions, porpoises and whales and seals. Who knows, you might come to the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian Indians against whose history is marked in towering totem poles.
TIPS & TOPS THE ALASKAN AND CANADA COASTLINE:
- Your first nights are in a special lodge near the Exit glacier,amid towering mountains and fragrant fires trees. Windsong Lodge offers countless opportunities to explore the beautiful surroundings and Kenai Fjords National Park
- Among icebergs, puffins and perhaps whales you will find the impressive Hubbard glacier. It is one of the most active glaciers in North America
- Ketchikan And Wrangell are known for its many totem poles. Visit the Totem Heritage Center and Chief Shakes Island
- During the cruise, you will visit the Misty Fjords National Monument. The landscape of the Behm Canal And Rudyerd Bay is breathtaking. More than 300 meters high waterfalls plunge down through the rainforest-covered cliffs. Explore the area by boat and look for marble eagles, white-headed sea eagles, brown and black bears, seals and sea otters
- In Sitka is the oldest national park in Alaska. At the mouth of the Indian River, walk through the ancient habitat of the Indians
- Enjoy the best personal service in expedition cruising
- Open-seating at dinner, eat at the time you want it. Drinks are included, both in the suite and on the ship, selected wines, premium spirits, various types of coffee and soft drinks are served. The mini-bar is filled to your liking
- Interesting lectures by the highly qualified expedition team
- Landings and sea tours by Zodiac led by guides and the expedition team
- Extend your journey by train journey by Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper or Banf