SPECTACULAR FJORDS, NARWHALS AND INUIT VILLAGES
From the moment you step off the plane in Pond Inlet, Nunavut (Canada), you are in the middle of the Arctic wilderness. Join the Arctic adventurers of the past and explore the unknown realm of the magnificent Far North. Sail in ultra-luxury past spectacular fjords, sheer cliffs and vast ice fields to the enchanting islands of the legendary Northwest Passage. The area is home to Inuit settlements and also the habitat of walruses, harp seals, belugas, narwhals, polar bears and numerous bird species.
On this adventurous expedition cruise, you will sail via the largest uninhabited island in the world, Devon Island through an archipelago of thousands of islands that largely belong to the territory of Nunavut . You will sail via Grise Fjord and Alexandra Fjord to Greenland's rugged northwest coast, where a chain of coastal islands stretches between iconic floating blue-white icebergs. Where the world can't find you...
Tips and Tops Expedition Cruise Canadian Arctic and Greenland:
- The ultra-luxury expedition ship Silver Endeavour is the latest addition to the Silversea fleet and can accommodate up to 200 passengers and as many crew members
- Be amazed by stunning views from the balcony of your luxury suite, enjoy unparalleled service on board
- Tantalize your taste buds at one of four haute-cuisine restaurants
- Take daily excursions ashore or by zodiac in search of animals or historical sites
- Walk through Pond Inlet and meet the Inuit community and admire the creations in soapstone, ivory, whale bone and marble by local artists
- From the deck, admire the rich marine and bird life
- In spring, the pack ice breaks open in Arctic Canada. Whales and seabirds migrate en masse to nutrient-rich waters north of Canada
- Explore on Beechey the remains of the Franklin Expedition, where three crew members are buried and skeletons of the sloops and other remains can be found
- Set foot on Devon Island, where musk oxen live and thousands of black guillemots and fulmars breed on the cliffs along the coast in summer
- Explore Dundas Harbour, set up as a government station to keep an eye on foreign whalers. The surrounding fjord landscape of Grise Fiord is also impressive with massive glaciers
- Explore Meteorite Island, named for the discovery of one of the world's largest iron meteorites in the settlement of Savissivik
- The trip begins and ends with a return flight from Ottowa to Pond Inlet