Mountain gorillas in one of Africa's oldest stretches of rainforest
An unforgettable and unique experience: you will spend two days in the vicinity of uganda's mountain gorillas. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park is home to about 360 mountain gorillas (half the world's mountain gorillas). It is also one of the oldest stretches of rainforest in Africa. You will also have the chance to meet the 'other' locals, the Pygmy, when you visit a village.
Gorillas and countless birds and butterflies
Stay overnight is close to the gorillas, at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodgewhere you can count on a private butler in your luxury chalet with a fireplace. Gorilla tracking brings you an unforgettable experience, but the walks through the impenetrable and humid rainforest can sometimes be tough. Nothing is better than to enjoy on your terrace or - depending on your chosen room type - in a lovely bath overlooking Bwindi National Park! With any luck, you'll see other animals living in the tropical forest, primates including chimpanzees, redtailed monkey and blue monkey, as well as many beautiful birds and tar-looking butterflies in all sorts of colors.
Tips & Tops Gorilla safari:
- During a first walk in the forest, you can prepare yourself well for the sometimes heavy gorilla tracking
- Lounging overlooking Bwindi National Park and relishing the impressive encounter with the mountain gorillas
- Once it's dark, enjoy a brilliant starry sky
- If you are lucky, you can see the gorillas up close and spend time with them
- The village walks with the locals are highly recommended, apart from special moments you offer the locals financial support as well as financial support
- During a bird walk, the guide will lead you to places where countless birds and butterflies come together
- Bwindi National Park is home to more than 300 different birds and more than 200 species of butterflies