The flavors of the Caucasus
Discover beautiful Georgia,
a fairytaleally beautiful country in the South Caucasus
with a long tradition of warm hospitality and overwhelming nature. Travel from the vibrant capital of Tbilisi
to the fertile valleys of Signani
and learn all about Georgia's 8,000-year-old wine culture. Let yourself be pampered by fantastic hostesses and gentlemen, imaginative chefs and good winemakers. Where the world can't find you...
Tips & Tops of Culinary Tour Georgia:
- In Tbilisi, take a stroll through the old town and dine in theSarajishviliwine cellars
- Visit the hand-dug 12th century cave monastery in Vardzia, the most impressive cave architecture in the country
- On your way from Vardzia to Tbilisi you pass the village of Phoka; taste in the monastery of St. Nino of the cheese and chocolate made by nuns
- Signani and its surroundings are known for its organic wines and delicious dining; explore Signani on foot, sample uninhibited wine, and enjoy traditional food, multi-part singing and folkloric dance
- The drive along the Georgian military road - the only thoroughfare through the mountains between Georgia and Russia - leads past the Ananuri Fort, where you'll find beautiful frescoes and eat the most delicious khinkali
- In the Kakheti wine region qvevry are made; large earthenware barrels used for fermenting and preserving the wines
- In outdoor valhalla Kazbegi N.P.,located in the shadow of Mt. Kazbek in the Caucasus, you'll learn how silk is made and visit a family that collects herbs for tea
- Due to the ungracious cold winters, the most pleasant travel time is from May to October
- Extend your trip through Georgia with a multi-day stay in welcoming Armenia.